Bora Bora is one of the most beautiful islands located northwest of Tahiti in French Polynesia. Whether there are singles, newlyweds or family, this destination is perfect to relax and have some fun time for everyone. From breathtaking resorts to some amazing water sports and stunning views, this destination is quite appealing and will surely offer you a lifetime experience. So, to make you more clear and solve your doubts we have listed down some important Bora Bora travel tips for you below:
Best Bora Bora Travel Tips
- There are many good Bora Bora Hotels but remember that if you will choose the hotel near the coast then, it will be too expensive. So, stay according to your budget.
- Traveling to Bora Bora can be hectic and relaxing both depending on the number of your layovers in between. There are a lot of flights to Bora Bora but the journey time of them totally depends on the place you are traveling from. However, no matter from which destination you are coming from, all the flights stops at Tahiti International Airport. From Tahiti, it’s a 45-minute plane ride to Bora Bora Airport, where the tourists either get picked up by the hotel’s private boat shuttle or go by a free ferry to the main island.
- The official Bora Bora language is French, so it will be better if you would learn some basic words in French that are generally used. Besides this, if you are good at English then also, there’s no problem as most of the people in Bora Bora are quite good at it.
- The currency of Bora Bora is Franc which is used in all the French Polynesia islands. The exchange rate of this currency varies from place to place.
- Though Bora Bora’s main island has many beaches the one you must not miss going to is Matira Beach. Located at the southern tip of the island, the white powdery sand, crystal-clear water, and eye-striking sunset views here will surely leave you awestruck.
- The best time to travel to Bora Bora is, from May to October, because the weather is dry and the average temperature in Bora Bora ranges from the upper 60s to mid-80s during these. However, if you want to buy the flight tickets at a cheaper price then you can visit the island between December and March.
- The most confusing situation that almost every tourist goes through is, deciding on where to stay in Bora Bora? So, for solving this problem remember the most important Bora Bora travel tip that, stay at a hotel or resort which has the best views. Some of the best Bora Bora resorts are the InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort, Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa and Conrad Bora Bora Nui. If you have a good budget then, you can also rent a full overwater bungalow for a luxury experience.
- Along with the Bora Bora travel tips, you should also know about the tips for Bora Bora Island. Though it is good to travel to distant parts of the island but make sure you explore them only with a guide because the tropical forests nearby are quite dangerous.
- Among the important Tips for Bora Bora vacation, the one you must not forget is, carry lots of sunscreens and nice swimwear. Also, pack a good underwater camera to capture the moments you spend in water sports. It will be too hot so it’s better to stay in cool and comfortable clothes.
- To see the impressive Bora Bora culture by visiting Vaitape, the capital city of French Polynesia. Also, don’t forget to explore the art and cultural activities, classic dance and music shows which happens in Bora Bora. They will give you an insight into the city’s history, traditions, and artwork.
Cost of Bora Bora vacation
Bora Bora is a very expensive destination; also it is a very rare place which offers the most amazing island experience in the World. The average cost of Bora Bora vacation for a week-long holiday starts at around $11,000 for two which is 780260 Indian Rupee. If you want to save money, then it’s better to book online packages and flights immediately after planning because doing on the spot arrangements will be too costly.
Also, there are limited Hotels in Bora Bora so, book your accommodation in advance and, keep in mind that charges of every hotel vary as per their location and, the suite you select.
Fun Facts about Bora Bora
Apart from Bora Bora Travel Tips, here are some Fun Facts about Bora Bora which will help you definitely to explore this amazing island.
- There is no alphabet like ‘B’ in Tahitian language thus, Bora Bora was initially called Pora Pora.
- The Bora Bora’s main island was formed from a volcanic eruption and was left uninhabited for many years until some people discovered it.
- Bora Bora is known as a Romantic island because it offers the best quality time and privacy away from the city’s hustle which is needed by every couple.
- Bora Bora is the favorite holiday destination for all the rich people in the world and also for Hollywood celebrities.
- The locals of Bora Bora can relate everything to nature. The people there have a special meaning of flowers, a flower on the left ear of a woman indicates that she is taken and flower on the right ear indicates that she is single.
Q1: What is the best time to visit Bora Bora?
Anytime in between May to October is the best time to visit Bora Bora.
Q2: Is Bora Bora safe?
Yes, it is a very safe place in terms of crime. Just be careful while going for the water activities and also take a guide along while exploring the forests.
Q3: Where is Bora Bora exactly located?
Bora Bora is located in French Polynesia. It is approximately 2,600 miles from South of Hawaii.
Q4: Which is the best resort to stay in Bora Bora?
InterContinental Bora Bora & Thalasso Spa is the best and luxurious resort in Bora Bora.