Lumbini garden is a very famous public park situated at the bank of Nagawara Lake in Bangalore, Karnataka. The park, which is also sometimes referred to as a national park, gets its name from Lumbini, Nepal. Usually you will see flocks of people who visit this park everyday to sit around the beautiful lake or enjoy the lovely sunsets with their friends or family. During the evening, you will see a lot of people enjoying great street foods nearby.
The great landscape and scenery view with lots of rare foliage, different varieties of flora and green surroundings makes it a treat for the visitors. The park is very famous as a hangout destination in the whole city. The park can hold around 5000 visitors at the same time and it’s a great place for organizing parties and get-togethers. If you are visiting this garden at night, you will be fascinated by the beautiful lights in different colors.
Major Attractions in Lumbini Garden
Apart from its beautiful surroundings and being the crowd’s favorite place of hanging out, the Lumbini garden offers some great attractions and some fun activities.
- Wave Pool/Beach: One of the best attractions here in the garden is the artificial beach and the pool. The pool is around 100 meters long and it also has a water slide for the people to have fun. The wave runs through the pool and it feels like you are actually sitting around a beach. You can go for a swim and take a dip inside the water comfortably.
- Kids Rides: For the adults, enjoying the great view and relaxing in the pool is the major attraction but kids are not satisfied by relaxing their mind and body. Kids can enjoy a number of rides like the toy trains, merry-go-round, battery operated car rides, Columbus ride, Trampoline, breakdance ride, pirate ship, and bouncy ride.
- Boating: The Lumbini garden also offers boat rides to the visitors on the Nagavara Lake. There are different kinds of boat rides available for the people like the 2 seater boats, 3 seater boats or the family boats. For adventure seekers, jet skiing is available on the spot. You need to book the ride in advance and choose the kind of boat like the pedal boat, motor boat, coffee boats, and many more.
- Fountains & Statues: Apart from these fun activities you can enjoy the beautiful fountain along with a walk of around 1.5 km near the beautiful lake and green landscape. The garden has beautiful statues inside which adds to the overall beauty of this place.
Lumbini Garden Timings
The lumbini garden is open from 11 AM to 7 PM and throughout the week. If the lumbini garden is open now, you can take around 2-3 hours from your day and enjoy the garden easily. You can call on the lumbini garden contact number which is +91-9343444646 and check whether they are operating now or not.
Lumbini Garden Ticket Price
The lumbini garden entry fee is INR 50 only but if you want to try some extra activities you have to pay extra money for it. For children below 3 years the entry is free. Some other charges are like this:
- For Camera: INR 30 per person.
- For Boating: INR 50 per person.
- For Wavepool: INR 200 per person
Other Important Information
- Nearest Railway Station: Yelahanka Railway Station
- Address: Nagawara Lake, Ring Road, Hebbal, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560045, India
- Nearest Hotel: Courtyard by Marriott Bengaluru Hebbal
Places to visit near lumbini Garden
1. Hebbal Lake Park
The Hebbal lake park is a beautiful place that is only 5.8 KM away from the lumbini gardens. The park is home to many migratory and local birds and it’s a paradise for bird watchers. The beautiful landscape along with green surroundings makes it a picture-perfect location.
2. Nagavara Lake
The Lumbini Gardens is situated on the banks of Nagavara Lake which covers around 48.86 hectares of land. The actual lake is around 3.8 KM away from the lumbini garden and you can enjoy walking through the lake along with water activities.
3. Bangalore Palace
The bangalore palace is the glorious heritage site of the city which is only 9.7 KM away from lumbini garden. The place has massive courtyards, ancient architecture, spiral staircases and glorious gardens. The palace also holds an amusement park for young visitors.
4. Fun World Amusement Park
The fun world amusement park is only 7.6 KM from the lumbini garden and it’s a fun place for both adults and children. You can enjoy big rides like tsunami, rollercoaster, The curse of the black pearl and many more rides. Water slides like the fantastic four, cyclone, tornado and lazy river adds more fun to your trip here.
Places to visit around lumbini Garden
1: Jaya Prakash Narayana Park
The JP park is spread over an area of 85 acres on the north-west side of Bangalore. The park has 5,000 medicinal herbs, 60,000 flowering plants/shrubs, and around 20,000 species of plants. The JP biodiversity park is around 8.7 KM away from Lumbini Garden.
2: Cubbon Park
Once you have visited the lumbini garden you will be obsessed with green views and if you are looking for new screeny views, then Cubbon park is the perfect spot for you which is 11.7 KM away. The park has colorful Tabebuia trees that bloom in the springtime.
3: ISKCON Temple Bangalore
After having a relaxing time at the lumbini garden, one can visit the ISKCON Temple in Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore which is 13.3 KM away from the garden. The Temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna. The temple holds many lectures by devotees and organizes many festivals every year.
4: Lalbagh Botanical Garden
The famous ruler Hyder Ali and his son Tip Sultan built this garden on 240 acres of land. Once you leave lumbini garden to visit some other place then you must consider going 14.3 KM away and visit this garden. The garden has imported flowers and trees that you might not witness anywhere else in India.
FAQs about Lumbini Garden
Q1: How much time is enough for enjoying Lumbini Garden?
You can enjoy it to the fullest in 3 hours easily.
Q2: What are the best attractions near Lumbini Garden?
One can visit Bangalore Palace, ISKCON Temple, Fun Word Amusement park and Cubbon park after visiting Lumbini Garden.
Q3: What are the timings of Lumbini Garden?
The garden is open on all days from 11 AM to 7 PM.